Often headache, dizziness – we think that this is migraine, or "time". A dive to the heart? Thesis. Tingling or numbness in the hands, and less of a need to sit in front of the computer, move more. But the cause of these, at first glance, not related to their symptoms, it can become your backbone. More precisely, the highest of his department – cervical.
Neck. What do we know?
The cervical spine is the most mobile and vulnerable part of the spine, which allows you to perform inclinations and head shots. It is composed of 7 vertebrae, between which there are elastic intervertebral discs.Through their pass the blood vessels, which "feed" the brain and provide oxygen. The nerve endings connected to the spinal cord (the inner part of the spinal column) provides the pulses, the signals of the other organs of the body. Consequently, the body without a hitch. If the vertebral disks due to disorders of metabolism, and deformed, can lead to blockage of the nerve endings or a blood vessel – the person experiences pain. The pain is the main symptoms of this disease, as osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
How dangerous is cervical back pain
- Back pain cervical is considered to be one of the most insidious diseases. Due to the fact that the cervical vertebrae are very close to one another, the minimum deformation occurs in the compression of the nerve roots and blood vessels. Interrupted blood flow to the brain. As a result – headaches and pain, up to the migraines. During the execution of the form can occur ischemia of brain or spinal cord, a stroke.
- The cardiovascular system can also be at risk. To increase the pressure, the pain in the heart are not always cardiology pathology. Can be for years to "bring down" the pressure is observed a cardiologist, and the cause of such cardiac disorders can become cervical back pain.
- Due to compression of the nerve endings can suffer hearing, sight, and also the coordination of the movements.
The symptoms of degenerative disc disease of the neck:
- The pain. This can be a slight pain in the neck area, especially in a curve or after sleep. With osteochondrosis of the cervical pain can "give" in the back of the head now, and the shoulders. When you tilt the head forward can occur pain under the scapula. Headaches and migraines, also, are not rare in this disease.
- Numbness. Unpleasant sensation of tingling or numbness in the area of the hand, shoulder, scapula, neck. Close to the neck when turning the head.
- The noise and buzzing in the ears. Perhaps the degradation of hearing.
- Nausea, lack of air.You observe difficulty breathing,can't breathe with your full lungs, which causes lack of oxygen the body dies of hunger.
- The violation of view.Reduction of the visual acuity, of fog, of "flies" before the eyes.
- The instability of the blood pressure.To increase the pressure. Dizziness.
A very interesting fact.More than 80% of the population complain of neck pain, and 30% of headaches are connected with the neckband osteochondrosis.
Causes of cervical osteoarthritis
Back pain, in particular back pain, neck, today, more young. Less move — we create more problems to the spine. If this problem is encountered by the elderly, today, 20-30 years of patient that complains of pain in the back and the neck, the doctor did was a surprise.
The most common causes:
- A sedentary life-style
- The lack of physical activity
- Excess weight, metabolic disorders
- Bad habits: the consumption of alcohol, smoking
- Wrong sleep: so not the correct pillow and mattress
- The load on the neck, tied with a long forced position of the body
To cure cervical back pain
The first manifestations of degenerative disc disease neck easily confused with a common cold or tiredness: feeling of heaviness in the nape of the neck, headaches, pain during rotation of neck. The symptoms that many complain about, but not very suspicious as to the true diagnosis – osteochondrosis cervical spine. But and insidious disease: it is easy progresses, and in advanced cases of treatment long and expensive.
The symptoms of the disease directly linked, or in violation of the roots of the spinal cord or with compression of the blood vessels or the spinal cord. First, it is necessary to consult a specialist, and not to self-medicate.For a correct diagnosis, the doctor may prescribe additional methods of research, including x-rays, mri, CT.
In the initial stages, it will be sufficient to manual therapy, medical gymnastics. Is the so-called conservative therapy.
Injection of drugs
The inflammatory process neurotransmitters (substances that are formed in large quantities in the outbreak of inflammation) can damage the nerve fibres, causing discomfort, and also pain in the neck. In combination therapy, it is important not only to relieve pain, the inflammatory process, but also to create the conditions for the regeneration of damaged tissues, including, nerve. To start these processes using medicines with vitamins of b-group Vitamins B1 – improve the nutrition of the nervous tissues, restoring their normal sensitivity, vitamin B6 improves the functioning of the nervous system in general, has an effect the consolidating. There is a water-soluble and giraud-soluble form of vitamin B1. The effect of benfotiamine (giraud-soluble forms) 5-10 times more than an action of the thiamine (water soluble form). Because of the analgesic effect of these vitamins called "new analgesic drugs". In the treatment of degenerative disc disease, doctors may recommend vitamins of group B such as in the form of injection, and in the form of tablets.
The identification in the cervical region, hernia, protrusion may be necessary to resort to surgery. What is important? After the end of the main course of treatment to take care of your spine – task no. 1. The right physical activity, nutrition, gymnastics must be constant to your fellow travelers.