Low back pain is a very common symptom. It can appear for a number of reasons. For some patients with low back pain, home treatment has become a top priority.
There is a group of patients who are reluctant to see a doctor and do not believe in traditional treatments. They were convinced that folk remedies were good for lower back pain relief.
Few people know what to do if the lower back is seriously injured and how to treat the problem area at home. Most people refuse to see a doctor because of expensive medical services, others prefer traditional, proven methods.
It may be very reasonable to think about how to heal a problem area of your back without leaving your home. Self-medication is possible if the diagnosis is reliable.
Temporary relief of acute symptoms does not solve the problem, and long-term development of the disease triggers a transition to a chronic form. However, without an initial check, it is best not to experiment.
Low back pain syndrome is more common in middle-aged and elderly people, but young people are also familiar with this symptom. In the context of excessive physical exertion, clumsy movements, or hypothermia, a person may begin to experience low back pain and a severe pain syndrome, which doctors call "low back pain. "
If you have acute pain in your lower back and you won't be able to see your doctor soon, it's best to know how to deal with the situation at home. Of course, if the lower back is scratched, it is right to find out what might be causing it before starting treatment at home.
Low back pain syndromes are divided into acute, chronic and radioactive. Furthermore, they can be permanent or periodic, primary or secondary, and thus they can be treated differently.
Home remedies for low back pain should have 3 main goals: reducing inflammation, pain relief, and sedation. Performing this treatment at home does not mean that the patient will only use folk remedies. Often, patients combine medication, exercise therapy, massage, and traditional medicine. All of these help to treat the lower back quickly and effectively at home.
If the patient identifies his musculoskeletal disorder, he can try the following treatment options:
- Use non-steroidal anti-inflammatory injections, tablets, ointments, patches, and rectal suppositories.
- In parallel with NSAIDs, injectable and tablet muscle relaxants are prescribed. They are irreplaceable for back pain caused by muscle spasms.
- To restore damaged tissue in the diseased area of the back, B vitamins are recommended.
In most cases, the described treatment strategies can effectively eliminate low back pain at home. However, if no positive dynamics are observed when using the described protocol at home, then regional anesthesia is sometimes used.
Practice has shown that people with low back pain don't really like injections or pills, but more often try a variety of creams to help themselves. However, it should be understood that some pain-relieving creams do not solve the main problem, although complex treatments often include them.
All ointments in this direction can be divided into groups:
- Based on non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Combination therapy not only relieves pain, but also promotes tissue regeneration, reduces inflammation, and dissolves blood clots.
- Stimulating, distracting and warm.
- Homeopathic ointment. They improve metabolism and have a narcotic effect.
- Cartilage protection. Representatives of this group are distinguished by the fact that they slow down the degenerative process and help restore cartilage tissue.
Only after an accurate diagnosis can the patient choose an effective ointment for treatment at home.
After the acute pain is relieved, it is best to do some special exercises to treat various parts of the back. But an experienced physical therapist should choose exercises that treat back pain.
Therapeutic exercises are permitted by home conditions, but must be performed with great care by the patient. There should be no significant discomfort or soreness while exercising. If some exercise causes painful performance, then you need to modify the elements of its implementation or abandon it entirely.
For back pain, massage is only needed during relief. In addition, it is also important to choose the right duration, intensity and frequency of massage effects. In the case of musculoskeletal disorders, doctors recommend cup vacuum massage, relaxation, or finger shiatsu in preference.
If a patient is interested in how to self-relieve acute low back pain at home, a massage therapist can teach him how to perform acupressure. Also, applicators, various rollers or belts are great for back lesions.
Traditional remedies for low back pain are very popular with patients because they are simple and the ingredients of the recipe are readily available. Even though folk remedies alone cannot completely cure the back, they can significantly improve the patient's condition. As a rule, attending physicians are willing to see patients, combining traditional and non-traditional remedies.
When a patient considers how to treat their back at home, the first thing that comes to mind is friction. Thanks to this operation, the healing process is accelerated, as good rubbing increases tissue blood circulation.
- Rub in vodka with honey and radish juice (1: 2: 3). The finished product is stored in the refrigerator. Use well-sealed china or glassware.
- Rub from Adam's Roots with vodka. Add 200 grams of ground Adam root to 500 ml of vodka, stir well, and leave on for up to 5 days. A dark container is suitable for this.
- Multicomponent friction on "triple" cologne water. You will need: 2 bottles of valerian tincture, 5 red pepper peas, 2 bottles of 3% iodine, and a bottle of cologne. Mix all ingredients, shake well, and leave on for a day.
If you wrap the area in a wool scarf overnight after massaging the problem area, such a procedure can be effective in relieving spinal pain.
Many patients are able to quickly heal their backs at home with compresses.
Some patients have approved the following:
- Grated horseradish or radish. The vegetable stock mixes with the sour cream without a burning sensation. Apply the resulting mixture in a thick layer to the problem area and cover with a napkin.
- Mustard powder compress. Dry mustard is diluted with warm water to obtain the consistency of low-fat sour cream. The sore spot is smeared and insulated with a generous amount of mustard. But the process should last no more than 5 minutes to avoid burns.
- Test compression. Spread the sourdough on a thick piece of gauze, apply it to the sore back, and leave it on overnight. This process was repeated for 10 consecutive days.
Compression, as a folk remedy for back and lower back pain, should not cause severe discomfort to the patient. Only mild fever or mild tingling is acceptable.
Tinctures, infusions and decoctions
For acute back pain, patients practice oral infusions, tinctures, and decoctions.
The following have proven themselves well:
- complex infusion. Add 3 tablespoons chopped inulin and 1 tablespoon honey to 100 grams of yeast. Pour in the boiling water mixture, leaving 5cm on top (use a 3L jar). Wear a punctured rubber glove around your neck and let the potion linger for 1 month. Take 100ml in the morning and evening.
- Five leaf clover tincture. It is made with crushed roots and 0. 5 liters of vodka. Keep taking the medicine for 4 weeks in a cool, dark place. Take 1 teaspoon 3 times. This tincture can effectively get rid of back pain at home.
- Basil Soup. Boil 10 basil leaves in 200 ml of water. When about 100ml of liquid remains, remove the product from the heat, cool and add a pinch of salt. Take 1-2 times a day.
In general, all homemade oral medications are best taken 30 minutes before or 1 hour after a meal.
In order to not have to think about how to quickly relieve acute back pain at home, it is important to stick to the following recommendations:
- Do a set of preventative stretches.
- Protect the spine when sitting and standing (guidelines - ears, shoulders, hips and knees should be in line).
- Place a pillow between your knees when sleeping on your side and a pillow under your knees when sleeping on your back.
- You shouldn't wear high heels or flats, it's better to choose the meaning of "gold".
- Monitor your weight. For this, you need to eat right and lead an active lifestyle.
- Quit bad habits (smoking, drinking). Smoking can lead to the development of osteoporosis and increase sensitivity to pain.
- Nutrition should be balanced. Adequate intake of calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin D.
- Try to maintain a stable emotional state and avoid stressful situations.
Pain syndrome can greatly affect quality of life and reduce the patient's ability to work. However, if you use a comprehensive approach and don't forget to consult an expert, there's a good chance you can solve this problem without leaving your home.