Low back pain is a malocclusion of the family 40% of the population is under the age of 35-40 years, and nearly 90% in advanced age. In adolescents, are sometimes detected signs of degenerative disc disease – reduction in height of the disc, pain, discomfort in the area of the spine. If you start the treatment of the disease in a first phase, until the breaking of the disk, the possibility of stopping the progression is very high.
What is back pain?
Osteochondrosis of the vertebral column occurs in the defeat of one or more intervertebral discs. The disease can occur in any of the department:
- Lumbar (lumbosacral).
In more serious cases-of the degeneration of the vertebral disks on a background of degenerative disc disease is observed throughout the post, which becomes the cause of the disability of a person. So what is this disease – low back pain? The malocclusion is associated with the gradual, progressive and ongoing violation of the nutrition of hyaline cartilage, located on the intervertebral discs, causing it to change position, the shape, the crack. The man is experiencing a strong pain, the function of the whole musculoskeletal system are violated.
What is the back pain on its consequences? If left untreated, the vertebrae will be compressed, the gap between them – to reduce, and the discs will be as it would be to crumble. This will lead to the defeat of the nerve roots, spinal cord damage and malfunction of the internal organs. Along the edges of the discs, they are bony osteophytes – outgrowths, that cause even more sharp pain. The consequences of this disease in the spine are very serious.
The main causes of degenerative disc disease
The scientists reached their conclusions by studying low back pain, this disease is the consequence of the upright posture of man, has so affected the most people. Daily loads on the discs of the spinal column, the age deterioration of the functionality of the blood vessels, inferiority, power, and the aging of the body – here are the main causes of degenerative disc disease. Encumbers the situation of these factors:
- Often the incorrect position of the body (for example, curved sitting at a desk, wearing shoulder bags);
- Sleep on soft mattresses, cushions;
- Flat feet, deformity of the foot;
- Rates of the disease;
- The excess weight creates a reinforcement of load on the spinal column;
- The lack of physical exercise;
- Multiple pregnancy;
- Long experience of smoking;
- The instability of the vertebrae.
Injury, heavy exercise highly aggravate the development of osteoarthritis of the spine. Therefore, athletes, manual workers back pain lumbar spine – very "popular" problem. Inheritance also plays an important role in the pathogenesis of the syndrome – if the parents at a young age have been serious problems with the back, the child has a high risk of having the disease in the spine.
Psychosomatic of degenerative disc disease
Psychosomatic causes of malocclusion – a new direction in the search for conditions for its formation. Psychosomatic implies the influence of psychological factors to the development and to physical disease. The link between body and mental problems, really tight, and with a sound mind, a person may suffer from pain on a regular basis. Osteochondrosis some people do not discoverable objective reasons for the malocclusion, but she continues to progress.
Up to 30% of patients after a doctor's visit indicate trouble, such as:
- The constant stress;
- Chronic experiences;
- Nervous Stress;
- Problems in the family;
- Moral changed his mind.
The initial phase of the disease
The intervertebral disc is composed of a liquid and a solid of the parts. The first is located in the city centre, which is at the core, gives elasticity. From above, the nucleus is surrounded by a ring resistant. With the liquid of the structure began all the pathological changes in the disc, then spreading on its shell.
In the medicine of the four stages of development of degenerative disc disease. Available in mind the conditional division of the malocclusion to the severity of the disorders of the vertebral column:
- The first stage of degenerative disc disease. The amount of moisture in the disk falls, you are dehydrated. Destruction until it happens, but after a strong dehydration of the nucleus in ring fibrous begin to appear microcracks. The symptoms in this stage of the disease does not usually exist.
- The second phase of the degenerative disc disease. Height of the disc begins to decrease, which means a gradual involvement of the symptoms and the progression of malocclusion. In the spine between the individual segments decreases as the distance to which the beams sag. At this point, a number of patients the disease causes the sliding of the vertebrae – spondylolisthesis. The pain, the discomfort take place in exacerbations, pain, pain can be present even in remission.
- In the third phase. Osteochondrosis of the vertebral column at this stage gives a strong pain, because begin to form the complications. Often it is a protrusion of the disc, at least – arthrosis (degeneration) vertebrate joints, vertebral subluxations. The pain is completed by a restriction of the mobility of the affected segment of the spine.
- The fourth stage of degenerative disc disease. The spinal column begins to adapt itself to the new conditions of existence, trying to block the vertebrae, to save them from ultimate destruction. For this grow osteophytes. The pain can be sharp because of injuries to nerve endings.
The symptoms of degenerative disc disease
The first signs of the disease osteochondrosis usually begin in the initial phase, when the pain is still not there. In the area of the neck, the back, at least – in the chest area while driving you can hear the creaking (which means violation of the power of the drive, its dehydration). Via in case of overload, work in an awkward position, the person may celebrate the rigidity of the muscles of the back and neck. Become the "rock" with one or two sides, which is uncomfortable, causes a burning sensation, irritation.
Subsequently, the symptoms of degenerative disc disease become more obvious. Only a person can feel normal, but the work of lifting weights, sleeping on the pillow which is uncomfortable, can cause the phenomena:
- Aching pain;
- Numbness of the hands (with the defeat of the neck);
- The sensation of stiffness;
- Forced reduction of the movements;
- Muscle spasm;
- Back pain;
- The increase of pressure;
- Disorders of posture.
In the case of an overload of the vertebral column of the patient's low back pain gives the most pronounced signs and symptoms. The pain occurs in the shoulders, gives into the hands, elbows, appear to be a headache. Osteochondrosis cervical tinnitus, vertigo, develops the vertebral artery syndrome, interrupted the vision. With the passage of time without treatment of degenerative disc disease occurs atrophy of the muscles, the skin becomes pale. May worsen heart disease, broken liver, gall bladder, INTESTINES.
What brings the malocclusion?
The consequences of this disease are always unpleasant, causing an increase of pain. Osteochondrosis occur:
- Protrusion of the disc;
- Prolapse and hernia of the disc;
- Attacks of sciatica, sciatica, low back pain;
- Kyphosis, scoliosis.
A danger to humans depends in large part on the type of hernia osteochondrosis of the spine. They are in the front, rear, side, and the most dangerous rear-hernia – can crushing of the spinal cord. In the lumbar segment of the spinal column hernias occur more often, especially between 4-5 vertebrae.
Lumbar, low back pain can cause very unpleasant symptoms – back pain (lumbago). The pain of the low back pain, pungent, acute, unbearable, it is very difficult to bear. The cause is a pinched nerve because the patient damaged the neurovascular bundle. Particularly dangerous when osteochondrosis syndrome of the cauda the cauda equina, when a person is going on throttling in a large bundle of spinal nerves. At the end are affected the functions of the intestine, the bladder, can also occur paralysis of the legs.
Signs of arthritis often are reduced to a severe muscle atrophy. If the muscles in the long term, are involved in the functioning of the body, the movement of the spine is immobilized, then the individual fibers weaken. Eventually the patient may become disabled, confined to bed. It is very dangerous and cervical back pain because the hernia in this segment can cause circulatory disorders of the brain. In this phase there is the risk of disturbances of vision, swallowing, speech and other brain functions.
The diagnosis of the disease
Precisely by recognizing the signs of degenerative disc disease, it is necessary to reflect on its treatment. Since the lesion of the vertebral column can reach several stages, the treatment of degenerative disc disease will also be imbalances in the. It is important to make a correct diagnosis, the therapy was in some no.
Because of the wide prevalence of the disease and the presence of characteristic symptoms to suggest a diagnosis, the doctor may already be at the preliminary examination. But for the differentiation of degenerative disc disease other diseases of spine and internal organs is performed step-by-step diagnosis:
- X-ray of the spine. It will help you to identify the height of the disks, the degree of thinning, but also the presence of osteophytes.
- CT SCAN, MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING. Preferable in the examination. When this disease will determine the severity of the lesion of the nerves, soft tissue, find the smallest ledge.
Osteochondrosis laboratory tests do not play a fundamental role, but the overall performance of the biochemical analysis required for the elimination of the inflammatory process, arthritis, injuries of the bones, the joints. To study the function of the muscles, the doctor performs a series of physical tests, and to clarify the functioning of the blood vessels and nerves are duplex, electromyography.
The treatment of degenerative disc disease medications
If osteochondrosis the symptoms and treatment identified, strengthening with the therapy is not worth it – the disease progresses rapidly. In the initial phase it is usually recommended to gymnastics and massage to strengthen the muscles – this will be enough. In other stages of the degenerative disc disease in need of treatment, and sometimes the operation.
To relieve the pain – the bad sign of the disease – is possible with the help of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory funds. Treating back pain is not under power, but are always assigned before the physical THERAPY to relieve the symptoms. In more serious cases -, drugs administered in injections, but more often than not recommend the course in 7-14 days in tablets and locally, in the form of ointments.
If a person has a strong painful syndrome in the area of the spine, the and is administered by injection corticosteroids directly in the affected area.
The treatment of degenerative disc disease is also carried out using the following means:
- The b vitamins Help to improve nervous conductivity of the spinal column.
- Chondroprotectors. Nourish the intervertebral cartilage, strengthen the discs.
- Muscle relaxants. Reduce the power of muscle spasms osteochondrosis.
- Vascular drugs. Optimize the circulation of blood in the area of the spine.
If it evolved back pain, for relief from pain and treatment pathogenetic damage only chondroprotectors, they take courses of 3-6 months. The other funds are symptomatic action, and within a reality of the degenerative disc disease does not affect.
Physiotherapy and back pain
In the list of measures that cure back pain, are necessarily of physiotherapy techniques. Thank you physiotherapy treatment of degenerative disc disease will be more effective, because the action is applied directly on the outbreak of inflammation. Physiotherapy to relieve the pain syndrome, unable to cramps, improve the circulation of blood, helps to remove the clip with the nerves. The most widely used methods are the following:
- Electrophoresis. The treatment of degenerative disc disease in this way allow you to deliver a relaxing, anti-inflammatory substances and anesthetics directly in the area of the vertebrae, muscles, ligaments.
- Ultrasound. Relieves the symptoms of discomfort, a pain reliever, it creates an effect of vibration massage, activates the metabolism at the local level.
- The magnetic therapy. The variable or constant magnetic fields eliminate the inflammatory process.
All types of physiotherapy must be made courses for 10-15 procedures, in this case, we rely on the measure contraindications.
Gymnastics and massage
PHYSIOTHERAPY in the treatment of degenerative disc disease plays a dominant role. Without THERAPY fails to form a robust muscle, but the last high note, it is necessary to keep the patient on the spinal column. Exercise increases the circulation of blood in the area of the vertebrae, improves the metabolism and helps to drain the decay products.
How to cure back pain with the help of gymnastics? The complex is chosen only as an individual, and only for 1-2 phase can be carried out without the supervision of the doctor. In the later stages extra, strong movement can cause displacement of the disk and the strengthening problems. 3 phase, all the exercises do only in the supine position.
For the treatment of degenerative disc disease is not necessarily need of a massage. In the acute phase do not – it will cause a thrill. But properly conducted massage in chronic phase with osteochondrosis is essential. After the course of sessions muscles, are removed, they begin to function normally the nerves and blood vessels. The massage is carried out only in the power-saving mode, without sudden movements.
The prevention of malocclusion
Not to make it available before surgery, with osteochondrosis, it is important to pay attention to the prevention measures:
- Do not allow inactivity. This disease can progress in strength loads, but the swimming, the ski, the charge will go only to the advantage and to help strengthen the muscles and health in general.
- Check the posture. On-the-job and in the home, it is important to sit correctly, do not bend, and from an early age.
- Sleep on comfortable pillows. There are quotes pillow, if it already exists, osteochondrosis apply a couple of other medicines.
- Do not lift weights. If necessary, you should sit down, get together with the subject, taking the back situated in a wonderful location.
- Do this regularly to strengthen the muscles. This is important for the muscles of the neck, back, abdominal muscles, back.
- Wear comfortable shoes. Orthopaedic shoes will not develop the risk factor of shock vertebrae.
It is also important to eat well, not smoke, to enrich the diet with vitamins, consume more liquids – so the probability of malocclusion reduced.