About 80% of people over the age of 55 years experience in the development of different diseases back, they do not neglect and to persons under age. So, one of the most common diseases of the spine – osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine – at the present time is detected, and in patients 25-45 years. Also young people aged 16-25 years, more and more often, suffer from the symptoms and the causes of this is very unpleasant disorder. Natural is the question if it is possible to stop the growth trend in the number of patients in general, and what to do for each person in advance, to avoid becoming a victim of this malocclusion?
Under conditions of poor attention paid to this disease, delay in diagnosis, the treatment is hindered by those which occur secondary to the disease or complications. As a natural continuation of the malocclusions, it begins to progress lower back pain. His treatment is not always effective, and when the bolts are tightened or not correctly assigned therapeutic knowledge occurs the risk of disability. Another characteristic problem is the appearance of intervertebral hernia, which is accompanied by unbearable painful feelings. Every day that passes, the chances of irrevocable liberation from the hernia become less and less.
Recognize the disease in the early stages and avoid these unpleasant consequences help characteristic clinical symptoms:
- Sudden sensations of pain after a night of sleep;
- Pain if half sharp turn the trunk, or lift heavy things;
- The trunk becomes sedentary;
- Signs of scoliosis;
- The dream becomes restless;
- Occur depressive mood;
- Are marked frequent urge to urinate.
Self-assessment of these symptoms may not be correct, as most of them have a similarity with the signs of other diseases of the vertebral column, or joints. Then only a rheumatologist or orthopedic has the competence to speak of the presence of the developing degenerative disc disease lumbar.
The differential diagnosis to correctly determine the disease, distinguish it from the identical illnesses, determine treatment, it helps the classification stages of this disease:
- 1 phase – in this moment the structure of the cartilage only begins immediately to change. But it is already now of the pathological processes are concerned with the roots of the nerve endings. In consequence of this pain is given to the legs. Is interrupted worsens the circulation of the blood, and was born the inflammation. The pains are sharp or stupid character, and manifest themselves especially only after the reinforcement of load on the rear axle;
- Phase 2 begins with the destruction of the fibrous ring widths in the spine, when the cartilage thins, and the vertebrae to reduce the distance between them. The pain of the second stage crisp and sharp, sometimes – rome. In this period intensifies the mobility of the spine throughout the axis, you experience crushing of the nerves, is created pressure on the soft tissues corset muscle;
- 3 phase characterized by a strong compression of the muscle fibers and the nerve roots. Is unbearable cramps and soreness with an ardent character. In the affected area feels numb. In the case of intense development of the disease there are signs of paresis and paralysis;
- 4 stage – period of growth already formed osteophytes (neoplasms of the bone structure). In this step, you activate the changes in nature, degenerative, appear to osteoarthritis in the area of the spinal column and joints. The rear part becomes slow, and in the absence of a proper treatment – completely immobile.
Methods of diagnosis
Because even with perfect knowledge of the clinical classification of the degenerative disc disease of the lumbar spine does not give a complete picture of pathological processes, caused by their physician, which deals with the treatment of pathological processes in the spinal column, disorders of the musculoskeletal system or the orthopedic technician must assign further the diagnostic exam:
- X-ray front and side – it gives the possibility to reveal the distortion of the axis, education, osteophytes, anatomical abnormalities of the vertebrae;
- Magnetic resonance imaging - determines the status of the whole area of a back injury, detects the steps destroyed the vertebrae, cartilage and foci of inflammation;
- Computerized tomography gives an idea about the status of the soft tissues and of the bones of the vertebrae, the outer shell of the intervertebral disc, and meets, in principle, for integrity. and the blood circulation in the area of localization of the disease.
Is stopped the patient takes the test on rheumatoid test the general performance of the blood, the contents of biochemical components. The total results of the survey allow you to accurately set the diagnosis and identify the stage of development of degenerative joint disease of the lumbar disc.
The symptoms and treatment of degenerative disc disease of the lumbar
Among the most common causes of back pain stress osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine, the symptoms, the treatment of which have their own characteristics. The disease is the primary phase of degenerative disc disease, connected with the process of destruction of the cartilage rings, the intervertebral disks, changing the height to decrease, the formation of swelling and due to crushing of the nerve roots. With the disease can meet the young people and the elderly, regardless of sex, social status, and religion. The long absence of the manifestation of the symptoms of the disease resulting in the loss of valuable time and the transition from one stage of disease to more serious forms of his development. The main distinguishing feature of the degenerative disc disease is considered to be the bounding area of degenerative changes of the tissues of the vertebrae, which does not extend beyond the articular cartilage.
Causes the early phase of degenerative disc disease
A series of external and internal factors influence the development of the pathological state of lumbar axial skeleton. Back pain lumbar appears to be because of some risk factors. These include:
- the aging process after the age of 50;
- poor posture and the anomaly of the anatomical structure the axial skeleton, determines the irregularity of the load on the vertebrae;
- lifting of heavy loads in low center of gravity;
- hypothermia of the patient as a whole and lumbar region individually;
- dysfunction of the metabolic processes, the work of the endocrine organs, cardio — vascular system;
- the irregularity of the loads on the spine during the execution of production tasks, chores, classes, professional and amateur sports;
- diseases of the musculoskeletal system (congenital or acquired character;
- the lack of physical exercise, high frequency of stressful situations;
- the excess body weight of the patient;
- the lack in the body of a sick person of vitamins, minerals, trace elements, which are responsible for the health of the spinal column;
- the purchase of high-heeled shoes, uncomfortable platforms;
- the use of high pillows and soft mattress during rest and sleep.
The frequency of the diagnosis of degenerative disc disease of the lumbar axial skeleton is determined by the number of risk factors for its development, that are present in the life of the patient.
The diagnosis of the disease
Definition degenerative-degenerative defeat of one of the five lumbar vertebrae the axial skeleton provides for the development of diagnostic tasks. They are appointed by the doctor. On the advice of a specialist who knows how to treat a sore lumbar back, there is the collection of anamnesis of disease, is the time and the characteristics of the symptom, the intensity and the location of the pain. The state of the muscle fibers in the affected area determined by visual inspection. The use of the method of palpation offers the possibility to the doctor to see a picture of the symmetry of the vertebrae and the distance between them. The definitive diagnosis is installed after you received the results of further research. He refers to:
- x-ray, performed step-by-step in two projections, and provides the ability to see the position of the vertebrae, the height of the plates, seals the edge plates and bone growths;
- tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, which represents a particular method of research to determine the status of the cardiovascular system, and non-fibrous rings in the area of degenerative-degenerative defeat.
The objectives and methods of treatment of malocclusion
The diagnostic results activities form the basis of a schema of the treatment of degenerative disc disease of the lumbar axial skeleton, which pursues the objectives. These include:
- the reduction of the intensity of the pain caused by degenerative diseases-degenerative lesions of one or more vertebrae of the lumbar axial skeleton;
- the normalization of metabolic processes in cartilage tissues, their recovery and the elimination of risk to further improve their destruction;
- to reduce the load of the nerve fibers;
- increased blood flow in the tissues of the vertebral column with the help of massage, physiotherapy treatments;
- strengthening the muscular frame and the axial skeleton using the smooth running of the PHYSIOTHERAPY exercises, recommended by an instructor.
Therapy chondrosis of the lumbar spine, the symptoms and treatment of which has its own characteristics, it consists of the reception and application of pharmaceutical products, recipes of traditional medicine and non-traditional methods of treatment, including: § irudoterapia. A supplement effective way to solve the problems of malocclusion need physiotherapy, sports, massage, gymnastics and sport, including special exercises of PHYSIOTHERAPY. Medical therapy involves the reception of anti-inflammatory non-steroidal muscle relaxants, chondroprotectors, vitamin complexes with trace elements and mineral salts.
When the pain is very strong assigned novocaine or lidocaine blockade, carried out through the introduction of fuel injection in the area of the affected vertebrae. For local use are assigned ointments, gels, creams, patches, equipped with heating, the anti-inflammatory effect. Physiotherapy treatment refers to the passage of healing courses of electrophoresis, DD currents, exposure to ultraviolet light, procedure, manual, shockwave, and reflexology. In the absence of a positive dynamic, the appearance of gruzevich protrusions is assigned to a surgical intervention. To avoid the development of complications when the first symptoms, treatment should begin immediately.
Back pain lumbar
Lumbar back pain is one of the most common forms of the disease, in reality, the degenerative disc disease. Lumbar, low back pain, the symptoms of which equally defined and men, and women, manifested in the form of pain, focused in the field of the sacred, reflected in its symptomatology and lower limbs, which often alone is determined by the patients as "entrapment lumbar nerve".
Protrusion when lumbar osteochondrosis
The protrusion in this region of interest is develop more often, also, protrusion cause the onset of back pain. In and of itself lumbar, given its location and characteristics, the more susceptible to occurrence of these or other functional problems. That is, if one considers on the one hand this affirmation, it is possible to highlight that our center of gravity directly refers to the lumbar department, therefore, to him, represent a significant part of the loads. When we consider, on the other hand, it is possible to note that a significant amplitude of movements, in this case, too, falls to this, lumbar. That said, the highest propensity to damage (and also bosses), represented by units, concentrated in the lumbar area. In addition to this, we must not forget that changes in the disks in this and, of course, in other areas, occur including, in the background of bands of degenerative processes.
We remind our readers that what are in fact a ledge. The connection of the disks to one another in the spine and guaranteed through the disks on the basis of the cartilage tissue. The main components of the intervertebral disc is a type of jelly nucleus and the fibrous ring widths, which is provided by fixing to the inside of the spinal disc. The impact of some factors and conditions causes the possibility of a rupture of this ring, in front of a background which, in turn, derives the ledge towards the outside of the nucleus. As A result of this process develops a hernia. As regards the protrusion, develops as a result of a similar process flow, but without accompanying rupture of the ring – in this case, it is only a subject of thinning, and not breaking, because the nucleus protrudes directly through the ring. It is In reality a diverticulum, and is defined as the protrusion.
With regard to the symptomatology of the protrusion, then, manifests the following:
- sensation of stiffness in the lumbar;
- pain in the lumbar area;
- back pain chronic in nature;
- numbness, pain, tingling of the toes, in the foot;
- urinary dysfunction (in rare cases, considered as malocclusion).
Mainly in the address of protrusion of the lumbar disc applies the conservative treatment. In the meantime, significant in the development of the protrusion, often accompanied by severe symptoms, resistant to treatment, in this case, can not do without a surgical intervention.
Mainly the treatment of degenerative disc disease is multicomponent and rather complex in its implementation. Mostly all the measures treatment reduce to the following items:
- the drug treatment;
- if necessary, the surgical treatment;
- therapeutic exercise.
The aggravation of the disease requires, first of all, the than sick of bed rest. The main recommendation for this part – hard/hard bed. Highly expressed in the forms of attacks include the need for a minimum propulsion load, and rapid circulation of the expert.